Why Connect With Others?
- Connection was the secret to the power of the early church.
- Connection helps us grow in our faith.
- Connection helps spread the Gospel.
- Connection gives us the strength to be a better witness.
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. —Acts 2:42
Adult Bible Fellowships
Many people call them Sunday School, but we call them Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs). ABFs meet on Sunday mornings at the Crossroads Campus during our Connect Hour (9:45am). ABFs are designed for you to connect with others in a smaller, more intimate setting.
- 3-in-1 led by Bob Hix: A class made up of Hanfield's most "experienced" adults: seniors age 60 and up. Meets in Pastor Tim's office.
- Armor Bearers led by Jeff Bragg: The Armor Bearers are made up primarliy of adults aged 30-50 and meet in the Harvest Room.
- Brand New ABF Class! led by Jordan Kilgren: Starting Aug 7, it's so new, it doesn't have a name yet! If you don't have an ABF home yet, try it out. Meets in Room 104.
- Cross Trainers led by Tim Helm: Discussion & Bible study for young adults (20s-40s). They meet in the Conference Room.
- Prayer Warriors: A group of seniors (age 60+) that focus on prayer. They meet in Room 105.
- Sharpshooters led by Kirk McCollum: A group of all ages that formed out of our most recent Membership class. They meet in Room 106.
- Vineyard led by Mike Jessup: A diverse group of people that study many different things - from books of the Bible to topics relevant to us today. They meet in the front section of the Hospitality Room.
- Visionaries led by Gary Miller: Adults of all ages with a heart for mission and study of God's Word. They meet in the middle & back sections of the Hospitality Room.
- Youth led by Erin Hooten: A place for our youth (grades 7-12) to explore and discover Biblical truths about topics relevant to their lives. They meet in the Cafe (Room 121).
Small Groups & Bible Studies
Other small groups and Bible studies meet during the week at various locations. Some meet year-round, while others meet on a seasonal basis.
- Run for God is a seasonal offering. It is not just a Bible Study, but also a training program to help you run a 5K, 10K, or half marathon. Check hanfield.org or the Sunday bulletin for information on the next class. (contact Sarah Chambers, 765.618.2132)
- Women's Bible Study Wednesdays @ 9:00am or 6:30pm: The women's bible study is led by Cris Bragg and meets at the Crossroads Campus. Child care is available during the morning session only. (contact Cris Bragg, 765.662.0561)
- Men's Bible Study Wednesdays @ 6:30pm: Jerry Harshman leads this group of men in Bible study. They meet at the BORN Campus (330 N Adams St, Marion). (contact Jerry Harshman, 765.664.6713)
- GAP Men Wednesdays @ 6pm: GAP Men is a group of men that believe prayer works! They meet at the Crossroads Campus each Wednesday. (contact Tim Helm at the church, 765.664.8726)
Our youth are a vital part of our church. Not only do they meet for Bible study and fun, but they also learn about how they can live their faith in the real world. They don't just talk about it—they get out into the community and serve. For more information about the youth and their upcoming activities, visit their Facebook page.
Club 56 is a group just for 5th & 6th graders that meet on Sunday evenings from 6-7:30pm during the school year at the Hanfield Crossroads Campus. They occasionally have a special party or go on an outreach trip.
GAP Kids is a prayer group for kids K-6th grade who are seious about prayer. They meet on Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm at the Hanfield Crossroads Campus during the season of Lent (until March 23, 2016). They believe that God Answers Prayer!
We have many special events throughout the year, and we always encourage our kids to invite their friends. These include Vacation Bible School, Easter Egg Hunt, Roller Skating Pary, Pool Pary, Instant Christmas Pageant, and more!
Next Step: Going "All In" to Connect
- Find an ABF, small group, or other connection that interests you. Then, GO!
- If you have kids, encourage them to connect with an age appropriate group.